To say thank you to all our continued and new subscribers, we are offering the 1 Corinthians 13 Parenting Family Favorites for Summer Reading List! Download the list, choose from the titles for babies through adults, and dive into a few good books. You are welcome to share the list with your friends too! Download the PDF file HERE. You will find family favorites from 1 Corinthians 13 Parenting team members Lori Wildenberg, Julia Roller, Misty Honnold, Jenna Hallock, and Becky Danielson.
We are also reposting the Book Bingo Board, a great tool to encourage your children to read this summer. Here’s how it works.
• Click on the link or the Summertime Bingo Board below for the free PDF download.
• Make a list of reading material from a variety of genre, books, newspapers, and magazines as well as books of the Bible. This can be a great faith building exercise too!
• Print the agreed upon choices on the bingo board. Determine the prizes for attaining “bingo”. Prizes can range from a picnic lunch or extra playtime at the park to small rewards like pencils, gum, stickers or gift cards. Modify the prizes to accommodate age and interests to be an incentive to complete the entire book list.
• Post the Book Bingo boards where everyone can see.
• When a book is completed, the reader gives a quick summary of what he read and the bingo square is highlighted.
• When BINGO is achieved, a predetermined prize is awarded. The rewards continued each time an additional BINGO was completed, across, down, and then the entire board. The final prize can be a trip to the local bookstore to choose a book for each child’s personal library.
What family favorites would you recommend for summer reading?
Happy reading from 1 Corinthians 13 Parenting!