- There is no substitute for hard work and attention to detail.
- Teamwork is the building block for future relationships.
- Passion makes a BIG difference.
- Practice and commitment create great time management skills.
- We all need coaches to get the most out of us.
- There are rules and referees that, if not followed, will bring disqualification.
- Without discipline and commitment you cannot become great.
- There’s offense and defense, not just offense, and not just defense. You need to become good at both.
- Winning and losing are both realities and you must learn to deal with both.
By Sherri Crandall
Wife to Rusty, Mom of 4
1 Corinthians 13 Parenting Team Member
Associate Director of Women’s Ministry at Mission Hills Church
If this post spoke to you, you may want to learn more about the coach parenting style. Both books in the series talk about how and when to use this approach. You can find either book by the founders of 1 Corinthians 13 Parenting (Wildenberg & Danielson) over at Amazon. Just click on the book you want. Little Kids (toddler-9) Big Kids (tween-young adult).